Digital transformation involves using digital technologies to change a business process to become more modern, efficient & productive. The idea is to use technology not just to replicate an existing service in a digital form, but to use technology to transform that service into something significantly more efficient.
Digital transformation takes place, as an organization evaluates its approach to all aspects of its activities and deploys digital technologies to:
• Drives intelligent workflows
• Leverages data, leading to faster & smarter decision-making
• Provides a more efficient and cost-effective way of doing business
• Solutions can be provided real time.
In this context, Digital Transformation will in the medium term, help save money in operational costs, enable one to meet customer expectations, and capture new business opportunities.
What does Digital Transformation mean for a business ?
Digital transformation empowers the business to adopt a wide range of solutions and services from ecosystem partners, industry solution leaders, and multiple cloud service providers.
Basically, Digital transformation adds value to every customer interaction, for every aspect of your organization.
A key element of digital transformation is understanding the potential of your technology. Again, that doesn’t mean asking “How much faster can we do things the same way?” It means asking “What is our technology really capable of, and how can we adapt our business to develop the most efficient operational processes making use of technology?”
To successfully transform a large organization, management team needs to mobilize the whole of the business. It’s not simply an IT teams’ issue, IT need suggestions from the business or operational teams of what to work on whilst the business teams need IT to deliver the transformation.
Every operational manager should come forward with suggestions about processes to be adapted so that the initiative gets started in multiple threads across the business.
Although digital transformation will vary widely based on organization’s specific challenges and demands, there are a few constants and common themes among existing case studies and published frameworks that all business and technology leaders should consider as they embark on a digital transformation.
The Digital Transformation brings together processes that were previously separate. It helps break down traditional silos within the business & bridges the gaps between processes & people, creating an easier way of functioning the business.
So how does Digital Transformation help you?
• Offers the possibility to save operational costs
• Stimulates additional capacity to embrace new business opportunities
• Helps with efficiency at an operational level, as well as at the design and implementational stages through speed & quality.
• Enhances accuracy by moving manually intensive processes to digital
• Improves process transparency/auditability, helping monitor and troubleshoot processes with ease.