Supply Chain – Data Lake & Microsoft PBI
Establishing A Data lake to feed Business Reporting Dashboard
- A global supply chain organization, generating over US$500 million in annual turnover.
- Part of the Top 10 Logistics & Supply Chain Providers worldwide active in the B2B as well as B2C services in air, ocean and road transportation, warehousing and associated tasks
- Operating through a complex enterprise landscape evolved over a 25-year period, multiple systems, multiple data sources int / ext
- ‘Single source of truth’, was 12 systems with constant alignment and timing issues
- The selection of DDC to partner with them, reflected a purpose-built process to support their needs, with a clearly defined value chain, along with a risk mitigation strategy.
- Data lake model defined and deployed
- Applications targeted by data scope and reporting significance,
- EDI / API connectivity priorities set
- Apps linked 1 to 1 or clustered where existing connectivity could be leveraged
- MS PBI deployed, fed directly from Data lake
- Staff selected for skill training, deployed via video self learning and certification model
- Supervision of process until completion of integration work, refinement of dashboarding, coding of standard internal and external reports
- Finalization of tiered reporting, all business levels active
- 1st time organization could leverage all business information unilaterally
- Visibility across a whole range of business functions not previously in daily scope
- Savings in cost to serve, customer service and key business functions delivered
- Customer dashboarding revolutionized how customers were managed, within a smaller footprint and improved standardization
Let's Talk Business
Our expert team are proud to be leading the way in global big data consultancy. Get in touch today to find out more information.